Saturday, October 25, 2008

Matt mission trip...

Yesterday Matt left for a week long trip to Ecuador on a mission trip. He went down there with my dad and my brother in law Scott. They met up with a man named Tony Nardella and they have a crazy agenda this week. They got in Guayaquil, Ecuador around 1030pm. They are staying at the Christian Embassy in Guayaquil. Scott and Matt are sharing a room. My dad and Tony have their own room. Maggie is the live in house keeper and cook. She made them a huge breakfast this morning and then they went off to Green camp. Green camp is about 4 hours away from the city and the people are very poor and very needy. They live in huts with dirt floors or on the streets. They have one church in the middle of the village. A team of Ecuadorian men and woman make this journey weekly to provide for the needs of these people and share the gospel with them. When the guys get there with the team, they are going to help provide the people with a meal. Matt and Scott are going to preach on the streets, and my dad and Tony are going to hold a church service in the church and meet with the local pastors. At least I think that is the plan. Their days are very long there. They start at anywhere between 8-9am and finish anywhere between 12-2am. There are no naps. The meal schedule is off. Snack bars become your best friend. I will keep you updated as he keeps me updated. If he is in a place with email then he will email. My dad bought a phone from Ecuador with prepaid minutes on it so if they are in a place with reception, they can call us. All that is to say, I will keep you updated.

On a different note, both of my boys are sick:( It started out with just Logan. I actually had to call into work Thursday and Friday because he was up all night with fevers and breathing trouble. I had to give him breathing treatments all throughout the night. Poor baby. I thought it was just allergies and the fact that he was getting his 2 year old molars in until Noah started today getting a raspy voice. I will have to keep an eye on it. I don't want to have sick boys. It has been hard especially with Matt being gone. I hope Noah doesn't follow Logan's path because I don't want to call into work this week however, my kids come first. With Matt being gone, I have no other choice. I will just have to pray against that!! Anyways, I need to go put my big boys to bed now. I will write tomorrow after I hear from Matt.

No comments: