Thursday, July 3, 2008

Beach trip...


Well I didn't have as tough of a week as I originally though I would have. On Monday I was put on call for from 5am-11am, then they gave me an authorized day off from 11am-7pm. So we seized the opportunity to build memories with the boys and we decided to pack up and go to the beach for the afternoon. It was the first time that Logan had never napped all day and he did really well. They had a ball! They were so adorable to watch! Our friends had a hotel room in Daytona so we met up with them and the kids had a great time playing with their kids. I want our kids to look back at their childhood and remember us taking them to fun places and really playing with them and truly enjoying them. I don't ever want them to look back and think that we were too busy for them or that we didn't value family time. Ultimately in the end, that's what really matters is loving each other no matter what and being there for each other.

1 Corinthians 13 says that the greatest gift of all is love and I want to give that to my kids so that they can know how to give that to others. Anyways, that's my soap box for the day. Next issue at hand... swim lessons... well they have been cancelled 4 times in 2 weeks. I am hoping that we can have makeup days next week before 5pm so that we might be able to beat the rain. We are supposed to talk to the instructor today about it as long as we don't get canceled today. Matt starts radiation on Wednesday. I don't know if I told you that yet. It will last for about 3 weeks and he will be done on the 31st. Perfect timing because he wants to come back to work on light duty the first week of August. He is going to get his port out on Friday the 18th at 7am. We are finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. All in all, we are doing really well. God's grace has been sufficient and He has provided and will continue to provide for all of our needs. Thank you for all of your prayers and support!

No comments: