Friday, August 22, 2008

Well we have been quite busy in our household. In case you did not know, we were supposed to go on vacation today to the beach. We decided to postpone our trip until tomorrow because of tropical storm Fay. We are all packed and ready to go when I noticed a puddle in the middle of our living room floor. We have an area rug so I pulled back the rug only to find that most of my living room is flooded. Matt checked all of the walls and they are ok so it is not a leak. He checked outside... of course it has been raining non-stop for 3 days now, however, everything looked ok out there. So the only thing we can think of is we must have a crack in the foundation of our house and all of the water is seeping in. He called the insurance company but they said they have so many claims coming in related to storm damage, they are taking them in accordance to priority of severity and priority of claim arrival. I understand that, but selfishly, I want to have my house looked at ASAP so I can still go on my vacation tomorrow. Sounds stupid and selfish. I know. Many more people have it much worse than us. Well on a good note, my friend Kim Canada had her baby girl Hayley today. They both are doing well and are healthy. I'll keep you posted on what we decide to do about the house and our vacation. Please pray for those people who truly do have it hard during the storm and have lost everything. Thanks!

No comments: