Saturday, August 30, 2008

Update on house...

So this thing with the flooring in our house is a bigger deal than I originally thought. I worked Wednesday and Thursday this week, so Friday Matt and I went floor shopping. There is so much to think about. We have been doing our research so we have an idea what we want and don't want. However, it is still very overwhelming. We finally had the insurance man out Friday afternoon. We do not have our estimate back yet. He has to send someone out who can detect mold and moisture in the house. I am not sure when we will know what we are eligible for as far as how much insurance is going to cover. All I know is that we need floors in our down stairs and we need them in this week. The kids can't be down stairs because it is concrete, dirty, there are still questionable mold areas, etc. As a result, the kids have been barricaded upstairs when they are home and they are not happy about it. I have been trying to keep them out of the house as much as possible though. I do have good news. Matt bought the boys bunk beds today. He found them off of Craig's list and they are awesome. We figured that since the boys end up in each others rooms every night anyways, we might as well move them into Noah's room together permanently. We need to buy a full size mattress for the bottom bunk and the bedding for it first before they can sleep in it. The kids are so excited!! Matt took our 2 boys along with his friend Steve and his 2 kids and their friend Chris to see a movie at the dollar theater. I know he is very brave. I don't know that I would take 4 kids to the movies at dinner time. I am looking forward to hearing how it went when they get home. Well I guess I should go try to get some cleaning done in my house.

No comments: