Sunday, June 8, 2008

Isn't the weekend too short?





I always think so! It started out with yesterday me getting the boot out of our bed. I don't know what happened. I am supposed to be the queen of the house (only because we have no girls) and I'm the one who gets kicked out. I don't get it. Oh well, I thought it was cute and I know it is only a very short time that this will continue to happen before they grow up and become "too cool" for us. It started out with the Logan waking up at his normal time and coming into our bed. He actually fell back asleep within 3 minutes. Amazing! Next toddles in Mr. Noah. Then he fell back asleep again too. Now here comes the clincher of the story... they wiggled, and shimmied, and Logan eventually stole my pillow and that's when I gave up. The three amigos were so adorable in that bed. Noah woke up around 915 and we had a "Noah Mommy date" until around noon. Logan and Matt slept until 1115am. Crazy... I know! It was like the old days. You know... bc (before children), when we could sleep in and waste our day away. Ah good times. Anyways, Scott and Michelle brought our boat over around 1230pm and Matt's dad Gabe came over around 12pm because we (meaning the guys) were going to fix it. Matt and his brother share a 27ft boat that their parents gave them. Last year, Scott took the boat out and the boat caught on fire in the engine cavity so the men had to replace almost everything. Us girls certainly did our part though. We took the kids shopping all day. They were actually really good. I say that because they did not nap and because we are both shopaholics by nature, we forgot to feed them until 345pm. Ops! They never got fussy on us though. Logan had to do his usual pee in his pants in the middle of target and I of course didn't bring extra shorts so he had to wear a pull up for the rest of the day. Yeah... totally looked like a hillbilly. Should have painted freckles on my face, knocked out a few teeth, thrown on some overalls, and lost my shoes and I would have been good to go. What are you going to do. At least he is only 2 years old and cute so he can still get away with it. We came home ate dinner, bathed the boys and put them to bed. Matt had a good day with the guys. He didn't get to do manual labor, but he could hand them a thing or two (as long as it was 5 lbs) and hang out with them. He enjoyed their company.


Today we got up and went to church like we do every Sunday. Work called and wanted me to come in today extra. They must have been desperate because they know I don't work on Sundays!! When we got home we were eating lunch and Logan (a complete daddy's boy) got down from his seat, moved his chair next to Matt's, moved his food in front of his chair and then climbed back up and started eating like it was nothing. We asked him what he was doing he said "me sit by daddy" as if it was an every day occurrence. He's so cute. We all had great naps. Noah slept in our room because he won't nap in his room he only plays. We have Young Marrieds home group tonight with our church so we needed him to nap so that's how we accomplished that. He was all over the place. When he finally landed. His head was in Matt's armpit (poor Noah) - just kidding, and he was laying diagonal in the bed with his feet in my rib cage. I finally gave up and got up when those feet settled there. Anyways, I hear little feet upstairs, I need to go check on them. Thank you for all of your continued blessings, prayers, love, and support. We truly are grateful for everything!

No comments: