Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Present...

So our dog hates the rain right... I'm not sure if any of you have that problem or not but we do. Riley James Butschek is our 2 year old, 65 pound Golden retriever we adopted at the SPCA about a year ago. He was found in the pouring rain under a fence in the middle of no where with no tags. No one came to claim him, so 1 week later Matt adopted him while I was at work. Surprise!! At least he is a good dog. So back to my story... this dog is deathly afraid of rain, thunder, lightening... you get the picture. He pants, follows you around so you trip over him, whines if you go out of the room and won't let him go with you, and so on and so forth. So Matt gets home tonight after I put the boys to bed right (he went to get a movie) and Riley looks up at him, hears rain and thunder as he opens the door and vomits all over the floor. What a wonderful present!! The End! Isn't that great. I was laughing so hard. I guess you should have been here. It was pitiful to see the dog and Matt. Very sad, yet very funny. Now I'll back up and tell you about our day. I worked all day and we were so busy that we had to put a patient in the hallway until we could get a clean bed. (It was a full moon last night.) Matt on the other hand had a wonderful day making phone calls, he took a 3 mile walk to my parents and went swimming with the kids and hung out there for the rest of the evening until I picked them up after work. The boys stayed with my parents last night and today because Matt still can't lift them and care for them on his own. My parents put the jet ski's in the lake and swam all day. The boys had a blast! Still no word from the oncologist. We will keep you posted!!

No comments: