Monday, June 23, 2008

Long time no update...

Sorry about that. It has been a busy weekend. Lets get started...
Friday-
I worked and it was an incredibly wonderful day. I was the triage nurse and I only saw 2 patients all day long. VERY RARE! When I got home it was 8pm and I picked Logan up at my parents house. I ate dinner with them because Matt took Noah to a softball game. We came home around 930pm and put the boys to bed. Matt made doctors appointments in the morning, then he ran errands in the afternoon, and then he walked to my parents house. He ate dinner with them and then took Noah to a softball game with him. It was also Matt's brother Scott's birthday. Happy Birthday Scott!!!
Saturday-
Matt went down to Auburndale to help my uncle pack boxes to move from 830-330. When he came home, he rested in our room for about an hour uninterrupted. That is precious in this house. It can be a little bit chaotic here. As for myself and the other men in my life, well we had a grand old time together. We got up, got ready, watched the favorite movie of all time in this house (Mr. Incredible) while I was getting ready. Then my sister Jennifer kept Logan for me and I took Noah with me and we went to buy a new cell phone. Now for those of you whom have not seen my old phone it was ancient of days. I have had it for 6 years. I think it might have been one of the first models of camera phones. However, Noah manages to break that part of my phone when he was 8 months old. So as you can imagine it was pretty beat up. Ok... here goes the story... so I walk in the store, the guy goes (I believe his name was Christian) "can I help you", I say "well I think I need a lot of help, you see I have not updated my phone in 6 yrs so I don't really know where to begin". His eyes got so big and he got this huge smirk on his face like you've got to be kidding me, where has this chick been, stuck in the ice ages or something? So just when he regains his composure, my phone rings and I pull it out of my purse to silence it. Once I am done he asks to hold it. He takes a good look at it and announces to the store, "He guys, have you ever seen a phone so old before? Come check it out. It still works." They were all amazed by it. It was so embarrassing, which is pretty bad because it is really hard to embarrass me. After all, I am a nurse and have pretty much seen, heard, and smelled it all. So long story short... I have a new phone!! Later that afternoon I babysat my cousin's baby Jacob who is now 6 months old and weighing in at 12 lbs. He was born 10 weeks early. He's so cute!
Sunday-
We went to church... which was awesome! We really enjoy all of the friendships that we have developed there. God is so faithful and he meets our needs and is always there for us even when sometimes we feel alone in our circumstances. After church the fire department put together a benefit in Matt's name at Johnny's Filling Station. We had an excellent time getting to know different firefighters within his department. Our son Noah had a blast as well. I think he must have bummed at least $10 off of people for candy. I don't know for sure how much though. He won't let us touch it. He hid it in his night stand. We were so overwhelmed with emotion at the amount of love and support that everyone there showed. There is really no words to express our gratitude to all of you for everything that you have done for our family. There is no amount of time trades, no amount of money, no amount of food, or cards, or telephone calls that could EVER come close to repaying or expressing how much each and every single one of you have meant to us throughout this journey whether we know you or not... THANK YOU from the very bottom of our hearts! We love you and I can truly say that we do pray for all of you that God will bless you and meet your needs like He has blessed us and has continually met ours when we have needed Him to.

No comments: