Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Mid week update...

Well I have worked the last 2 days hence the reason there has been no blog update so let me start from the beginning.

Monday-
I worked and we were extremely busy. I guess with the weather changing, woman were coming in like crazy for all kinds of reasons. When I say crazy, I mean "crazy". It was like we had a psych ward. Very bazaar day. Matt decided he was tired of sitting in the house so he walked to my parents house. For those of you who don't know where that is it is about a 5-7 minute drive using back roads. He told me after the fact of course because he knew I probably wouldn't have approved. I personally feel that 3 weeks post-op after you have had your chest cracked open walking about 3 miles in 90 degree weather without telling anyone is a little risky. I'm just glad he didn't pass out of heat exhaustion! Next time, he has agreed that he will notify someone of his plans if he leaves like that again. As a side note, I am very proud of him for accomplishing that goal though. He is trying to slowly build up his stamina so he will be ready to return back to work. Rebekah Dunn picked up our boys at Claudia's house and watched them until I got home. Then my dad brought Matt home. Thank you Rebekah for keeping our little boys.
Tuesday-
Another day at work for me. Again, psych ward all over again. It was a busy day and then finally at the end of the day around 5pm it slowed down. I was orienting to be the charge nurse all day so that was fun and different. All in all, it was a good day. We had a great team working. Matt had a good day too. Julius took him to the podiatrist because he has 2 bumps on the bottom of his foot that are bothering him. The doctor said it is scar tissue and he can either (a) live with it and ignore it, or (b) have surgery to remove them. I think we are going to just live with it and look into more natural ways to get rid of scar tissue. After that he and Julius hung out the rest of the day. They went to the movies and saw Narnia. He said it was a lot of fun to get out of the house and hang out. Ally Bess picked up the boys from Claudia's house and kept them until Matt got home. Thank you so much for helping us out with our kids. We really appreciate it.
Wednesday-
I have my nephew Reece today and the kids are loving the extra company. We have played and played all morning. They got so dirty outside this morning I had to hose them off outside before I could bring them in and then I had to take them straight upstairs to give them a bath. Oh my gosh... they were a mess!! They are all boy!! I love them though. Matt and I fed them hot dogs, corn, fruit salad, and cheese sticks for lunch. We had a ball! They are all napping now and I think it is my turn to go nap so I will write more later.

No comments: