Tuesday, May 27, 2008


Today has been an interesting day. Matt once again had a difficult time sleeping because he had some pain in his upper left quadrant and chest that came and went last night. (No it is not constipation.) When he woke up I was unsure if I should take him to the doctor's to get checked out. Up until 2 days ago, he had been managing his pain relatively well, that's what is so odd about the whole thing. Anyway, I called the doctor to let them know about this issue and find out what they wanted us to do about it. They said they would call me back after talking to his surgeon. When I got off the phone, I got ready for the day and my cousin, Micah, and his friend, Daniel, came over and washed our dog, Riley. They also fixed the drain in my shower. That was so kind of them!! I don't wash dogs! Honestly, the thought of smelling wet dog makes me nauseous. Anyway, the surgeon's office called back and wants him to get a chest X-ray tomorrow. When I got off the phone, our friends, John and Julius, came by and hung out with Matt for almost 2 hours. Matt went upstairs and took a nap after they left while I studied for my ACLS class this coming week. Fun stuff!! I picked up the boys around 4pm from Claudia's and took them to the play place in the Altamonte Mall. We met up with the Grubb family and we played and ate dinner there together. When I returned home, I notice that Matt had put the recycling bin out by the curb and switched the laundry over for me. He is getting stir-crazy in the house. If anyone sees or talks to him PLEASE remind him to take it easy and not to overdo anything. After all, his weight limit is only 5 lbs for 4 weeks. He forgets that and then he suffers later. The boys are finally bathed and in bed. Hallelujah!! Although the are cute, adorable, and whatever other adjective you want to use, they are still "all boy" and a lot of work. It's well worth it though! Matt is out walking around the block again... after all, he "needs his exercise" and he's "tired of sitting around the house". I say, "Whatever. Have fun!" I need to study anyway. On that note, I guess I will go now and study. Talk to you tomorrow!

No comments: