Friday, May 23, 2008

Today Matt was able to sleep in until noon. He had a hard time sleeping last night and went a little too long without taking his medicine. With that being said, it was good that he got the extra rest. Our boys were really in rare form today. Logan (our 2 year old) got up at 0615am, which is entirely too early for me. He would not go back to sleep and he was fussing about everything. I know he is overtired when he does that because he is usually a "happy go lucky" kid. Noah (our 3 year old) woke up at 0645am. Again way too early! He was being a good boy though. They usually wake up around 0730-800am which is perfect because on the days I work I am up at 0430am, so on my days off I like to sleep in. I took them to Claudia's house (childcare provider) around 0830am so they could play with the other kids and go swimming. Anything to wear them out. They are full of energy so they need to be outside to run and play it all out so they will nap good and sleep at night. I got most of Matt's follow-up appointments set up. I am still waiting for one doctor's office to call me back. Matt got a shower all by himself which is really good because it is hard to lift his arms and bend over a lot. It made me feel good because at least when I go back to work I know he can handle taking care of himself in this fashion. Rick Schuessler brought us dinner today and hung out with Matt for about an hour. It was really nice for Matt to hang out and talk to someone other than me. He is now hanging out and watching a movie. So far we have had a good day. Now I need to go pick the boys up from Claudia's house. Thanks again for all of your prayers. Please continue to pray for our boys as they adjust to their daddy not being able to hold or play with them.

No comments: